Shinfield Rangers are proud to have been selected and awarded, as one of the six best clubs in Berkshire, 50 hours of coach support from the FA.
This is a tremendous honour for the club that recognises the great job our coaches do. It will enable our coaches to be even better at helping our children and to create an environment that should maintain a high standard for years to come. Its great to be recognised as one of the best clubs in the Reading area, with a lot to contribute to the community. We are really looking forward to be working with UEFA A licensed coach, Shelley Stange. who has close ties with Henley FC and Reading FC Academy.
Raymond Barclay Charter Standard Coordinator
The FA Coach Mentoring Scheme
The aim of the FA’s Club Mentor Programme is to support and encourage coaches to manage their own learning in order to maximise their potential, develop their skills and improve their ability to coach. This support is provided through our Coach Mentors who are available to work within all of our Charter Standard Development & Community Clubs.
- To raise the standards of grassroots coaching
- To recruit , employ and develop a network of FA Club Mentors
- To provide FA Charter Standard Community Clubs and others with 50 hours of free mentoring
- Provide on ground support to actively engaged coaches
- To empower and train club coaches to become internal club mentors creating a legacy within the clubs
What does it look like for your Club?
- Creating a whole club coaching philosophy
- Practical demonstrations to club coaches
- Transferring coaching sessions to matchday
actions and behaviours
- Bringing FA Future Game to life via practices
- Observation & feedback at coaching & matchdays
- Individual action plans for coaches
- Coaches identified and trained as internal club mentors
- Opportunity for more qualifications
- £1,250 worth of mentoring per club